ON THE DAY
On Saturday 23 September, Belron employees, friends and family will once again come together to compete in the Spirit of Belron Challenge event at Dorney Lake, Windsor, UK.
- Olympic triathlon: 1.5km swim / 40km bike / 10km run (team and individual event)
- Sprint triathlon: 750m swim / 20km bike / 5km run (team and individual event)
- Super Sprint triathlon: 400m swim / 10km bike / 2.5km run (individual event only)
- Duathlon: 5km run / 20km bike / 5km run (individual event only)
- Half Marathon: 21km run (individual event only)
- Team-relay marathon: 42.2km run (teams of 3 or 4) **NEW for 2017**
- 5km race: (individual event only)
- Scootathon: Scooter event for children (distance/duration will be age appropriate so all children can take part, and will be advised after registration)
New for 2017 is the team-relay marathon - here's some more info:
This event is a 42.2km running race that has to be completed in teams of 3 or 4. The laps are 2.5km each (17 laps need to be completed). This event can be completed any way you like e.g. team members can contribute different distances, or each team member can run just 2.5km at a time and keep rotating etc. The only rules are that it has to be done as a team and as a relay race. NB: there is one timing chip per team which must be worn by the runner on the course, and only one member of the team can run at a time.
GENERAL EQUIPMENT INFORMATION
Please order your equipment through the registration website or your local country coordinator.
A wetsuit is compulsory for all triathlons in the UK involving open water swimming and each country coordinator will be expected to send through all the relevant details for hiring one. A wetsuit will not only keep you warm, but will also help you swim faster, as it provides you with extra buoyancy. Surf and shorty wetsuits are allowed but these are totally different to a triathlon-specific wetsuit.
Click here for our wetsuit top tips.
Bikes will be provided again this year and these will be available for collection at the event. All bikes will have a drink cage attached. Helmets will also be provided.