ON THE DAY
This year, Belron employees, friends and family will once again come together to compete in the Spirit of Belron Challenge, raising money for Afrika Tikkun. This year, our ambition is to raise ZAR 25 million to celebrate 25 years of Afrika Tikkun.
- Olympic triathlon: 1.5km swim / 40km bike / 10km run (team and individual event)
- Sprint triathlon: 750m swim / 20km bike / 5km run (team and individual event)
- Super Sprint triathlon: 400m swim / 10km bike / 2.5km run (individual event only)
- Duathlon: 5km run / 20km bike / 5km run (individual event only)
- Half Marathon: 21km run (individual event only)
- Team-relay marathon: 42.2km run (teams of 3 or 4)
- 5km race: (individual event only)
- Scootathon: Scooter event for children (distance/duration will be age appropriate so all children can take part, and will be advised after registration)
Please be aware that it is possible the timings below may change.
|07:00||Registration and transition opens at Dorney Lake|
|09:15||Gary Lubner's Welcome, cheque presentations and group photograph|
|10:18||5km race (all competitors)|
|10:30||Olympic Distance Triathlons (all competitors - individuals and teams)|
|10:50||Duathlon (all competitors)|
|11.45||Sprint Distance Triathlon Wave 1 Male Individuals|
|12:15||Sprint Distance Triathlon Wave 2 Female Individuals|
|12:45||Sprint Distance Triathlon Team Wave (Swimmers, both team and individuals double chipping)|
|13:30||Super Sprint Distance Triathlon Wave 1 (individual male)|
|13:30||Super Sprint Distance Triathlon Wave 2 (individual female)|
|19:00||Medal ceremony and raffle draw at the Beaumont|
*There is no need to book the scootathon. It will run on the hour for 10 to 15 year-olds, 20 past the hour for 5 to 9 year-olds and 40 past the hour for 4s and under.
**IMPORTANT: there will be a race briefing 15 minutes before the start time of each wave. Please ensure you attend the briefing relevant to your wave start – you should be in full kit and ready to begin.